You may hope he can change or that he will, but if he is showing these signs, you are going to wait forever. It is either time to accept things as they are or move on.
- Mad not Better – Nothing will change if you do not acknowledge the problem. I you bring up an issue and he refuses to talk other than saying that he is not ready to talk or make changes, and instead gets angry, then he will never change.
- Resenting You – When you try to discuss the issues, but he calls it nagging, the vicious cycle is not likely to end.
- Uncaring – If you have tried to talk to him, but he does not care how you are affected, then move on. He does not care you are being hurt, annoyed, or worried.
- Part of Him – If your man has a vice that is bothersome, but it is a large part of his daily life, then he is not going to change. If you do manage to talk him into giving it up, then be prepared to not care for the person that is left.
- Liar – If he lies to simply get you to stop talking, he has no intention of changing.
- Not Serious – If the relationship is new and there are already things that annoy you, get out before it gets serious.
- Proud – If he is proud of his habit or former habit, complimenting others on being good at gambling, cheating, etc. then he has not really changed for good.
- Ghosting – If you start to complain and he amazingly disappears, he does not want to hear it and will not be changing anytime soon.
- You are not Communicating – If you have something to say, but only scream and yell, he will not listen. Relax and have a conversation instead.
- You Do Not Like Him – If your list of changes includes everything about him, then move on. You really do not like this person.
- Age – If he is over 30, he is pretty set in his ways and will likely stay that way.
- You Are Tired – If you are tired of talking and he is not listening anyway, changes are unlikely.
- No Consequences – You complain, he does nothing, you fix the problem. If he has no consequences because you take care of it anyway, why would he change?
- Big Consequences – Perhaps he does face big consequences for doing or not doing something, but he does not care. This person will not change and it is time to move on with your own life.
- Time – If the only thing keeping you around is hope that he will one day change, then move on. He is stuck in his ways.
Some people will work on changing things, others will refuse. If you cannot continue to live with the thing that bugs you most about him and he is showing any of the signs above, move on. There is no need to stay miserable forever.